Thursday, February 5, 2009

Literacy Class: Ms. Bentley

February 5, 2009

Today in class, we learn about Malcolm X. We were discussing on how Malcolm X life was. I feel that Malcolm X is a great man and many people such as him help people of different races to get freedom. Yes I would like to learn more about Malcolm X.

I feel that black history month is good. I would like to learn about many people who helped us with our freedom. Many people think of only Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks when they hear black history month but there are so many other people who helped us. If you try, everybody can make a difference. Black history month is when Blacks, Hispanics, Asian, etc... take time to honor the people who gave us freedom and it is a time to feel special.

There are some black authors that I know. One of them is Maya Angelou. I do like writing poems. It lets you express your feelings in a way you can understand this is why I like writing poems.

No comments: